Information according to Section 243a paragraph 1 of the Austrian Commercial Code
1. The share capital of UNIQA Versicherungen AG (“the company”) is € 142,985,217 and is comprised of 142,985,217 individual no-par shares in the name of the bearer. The share capital has been paid in full. All shares have the same rights and obligations.
2. Due to their voting commitments, the shares of Austria Versicherungsverein Beteiligungs-Verwaltungs GmbH, BL Syndikat Beteiligungs Gesellschaft m.b.H., Collegialität Versicherung auf Gegenseitigkeit, UQ Beteiligung GmbH, RZB Versicherungsbeteiligung GmbH and Raiffeisen Centrobank AG are counted together. Reciprocal purchase option rights have been agreed upon between the first three shareholders listed.
3. Austria Versicherungsverein auf Gegenseitigkeit Privatstiftung holds a total of 37.91% of the share capital of the company indirectly via Austria Versicherungsverein Beteiligungs-Verwaltungs GmbH and indirectly (effectively) via BL Syndikat Beteiligungs Gesellschaft m.b.H.; Raiffeisen Zentralbank Österreich Aktiengesellschaft holds 41.65% of the share capital of the Company indirectly via BL Syndikat Beteiligungs Gesellschaft m.b.H. (effectively), UQ Beteiligung GmbH, RZB Versicherungsbeteiligung GmbH and Raiffeisen Centrobank AG (participation ratios according to the voting rights report from 18 December 2009).
4. No shares with special control rights have been issued.
5. No employee capital participation models exist.
6. No provisions of the articles or other provisions exist that go beyond the statutory provisions for appointing Management Board and Supervisory Board members or for modifying the articles with the exception of the rule that when a Supervisory Board member turns 70 years of age, he or she shall be retired from the Supervisory Board at the end of the next Annual General Meeting.
7. The Management Board is authorised to increase the share capital up to and including 30 June 2015 with the approval of the Supervisory Board by a total of no more than € 71,492,608. The Management Board is further authorised until 18 May 2013 to buy back up to 14,298,521 own shares through the company and/or through subsidiaries of the company (Section 66 Austrian Stock Corporation Act). As at 31 December 2010, the company held 819,650 own shares.
8. With regard to the shareholding in STRABAG SE, corresponding agreements with other shareholders of this company exist.
9. No reimbursement agreements exist for the event of a public takeover offer.
Information according to Section 243a paragraph 2 of the Austrian Commercial Code
The most important features of the internal controlling and risk management system with regard to the financial reporting process are described in the (risk report).