With more than 16 million policies at the present time, the UNIQA Group is now one of the most significant market players in Central, Eastern and South Eastern Europe. Approximately 20,000 employees and a dense network of partners serve 21 markets between the Adriatic Sea and the Baltic Sea, between Lake Constance and the Black Sea. The countries in Central Eastern Europe (CEE) as well as the Eastern Emerging Markets (EEM) have made significant contributions to these impressive numbers for years. Eastern and Southern Europe (+12.2%) accounted for €1,294 million or 20.8% of the Group premiums in 2010. The markets in Western Europe recorded overall premium growth of 32.6% to €1,101 million.
Overall, the share of international premiums in the total Group premiums earned in 2010 was 38.5%. Continuously increasing this value remains an important goal for UNIQA. The Austrian market remained a firm foundation for the Group with a rise in premium revenue by 1.9% to €3.8 billion and a share in Group premiums of 61.5%.
High momentum in the international markets
- International share of premiums rises to 38.5%
- Already 7.8 million insurance policies outside of Austria
- Significant premium increases in the Czech Republic, Poland, Serbia, Montenegro, Bosnia, Bulgaria and Ukraine
- Market entry in Russia already contributing noticeably to increase in premiums
- New headquarters opened in Budapest and Warsaw
- Intensified cooperation with Veneto Banca in Italy proved its worth in 2009