Last update: June 2019
UNIQA Österreich Versicherungen AG, Untere Donaustraße 21, 1029 Vienna, phone: +43 50677 670, e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org ("UNIQA", "we", "us") focuses on protecting your personal data. We therefore comply with the applicable legal provisions on the protection, lawful processing and confidentiality of personal data as well as data security, in particular the Data Protection Act as amended ("DSG"), the Telecommunications Act ("TKG") and the General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR"). The following discloses what information we may collect, process and use when you visit and use our website at www.reports.uniqagroup.com ("Website").
2. What is personal data?
Personal data is information about data subjects, whose identity is determined or at least determinable. This includes for example your name, your e-mail address and your IP address.
3. Which personal data do we use and for what purpose?
Contact Service: Our website displays our contact details. If you contact us via this form, we will process your personal data such as:
- The type of interest or information relating to the request
- Information about your person such as gender, title, name
- Information about your availability such as telephone number and/or e-mail address
In accordance with Art 6 para 1 lit b and f GDPR, we will use this information to quickly process and respond to your request.
We will store this data for a maximum of three years after your last contact with us.
Tracking data - website optimization and marketing optimization: On our website we use tracking tools such as Matomo to optimize your experience on the website and to optimize marketing activities.
These tools measure among other things:
- Behavior on the website, e.g: Which pages are accessed? Where do people click? Which steps of an online purchase are carried out or where is it canceled? What are they looking for?
- Technical information about the website visitor, e.g: Desktop or mobile device, screen size, operating system
- Source of the visit to the website, e.g: Did the visitor use a marketing activity controlled by us to access our website? Which website referred the visitor to our website?
- Tracking IDs that do not personally identify visitors to the Site, but allow us to distinguish visitors. This allows analyses to be made, for example, of how often a visitor returns in a certain period.
- IDs by which the website visitor is indirectly identifiable. For example, a customer number that has been changed automatically, which can be used to automatically establish a connection to customer data.
- Tracking tools do not store information that personally identifies users, such as information in form blanks on the website.
Based on your consent via our cookie banner pursuant to Art 6 para 1 lit a GDPR, we use this information to compile aggregated evaluations of the usage of our website and to optimize our website and marketing activities. We store this data for a maximum of 25 months after you visit the website. You may withdraw your given consent at any time with effect for the future.
4. How do we obtain your data?
You will enter your user data in the forms used on the website or in the UNIQA service offer. We collect the tracking data that is generated during your visit to our site automatically and generally based on your input or via cookies (see details below).
5. To whom do we provide your data?
We transfer your personal data to the necessary extent to the following external service providers (processors):
- IT service providers and/or providers of data hosting or data processing or similar services;
- Other service providers, providers of tools and software solutions who also support us in the provision of our services and act on our behalf.
All our processors will only process your data on our behalf and based on our instructions for the provision of the above services.
In addition, we transfer your personal data to the extent necessary to the following recipients:
- Any third party who participates in the fulfilment of our obligations towards you (such as parcel service providers);
- Other external third parties to the extent necessary on the basis of our legitimate interests (e.g. legal representatives in the event of an event, etc.);
- Authorities and other public bodies to the extent required by law (e.g. tax authorities, etc.).
We use (i) functional cookies, which are necessary for the operation and availability of our website, and (ii) analysis cookies, which help us, collect general information about website usage and interaction in order to analyze and subsequently facilitate and improve the use of our website. If we process personal data and the cookies are not technically necessary, we ask you for your prior consent.
Web analysis with Matomo (formerly Piwik)
Matomo sets a cookie on your device and stores the following information:
Two bytes of the IP address of the accessing system of the user, the web page requested, the website from which the user accessed the web page requested (referrer), the subpages accessed from the web page requested, the time spent on the web page, the frequency of access to the web page. The IP address of the user is anonymized before it is stored.
The processing of user information enables us to analyze the surfing behavior of our users. By evaluating the data collected, we are able to compose information about the use of the individual components of our website. This helps us to constantly improve our website and its user-friendliness. In these purposes lies also our legitimated Interest in the processing of data. By anonymizing the IP address, the interest of users in the protection of their personal data is sufficiently taken into consideration.
You can also manually set the opt-out cookie at any time with effect for the future.
The link to the Opt-Out Cookie you find here:
The information will be deleted after three years at the latest.
You can find more information about the data processing via Matomo here: https://matomo.org/docs/privacy.
7. How do we protect your data?
We take appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure that your personal data is protected against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss or alteration and against unauthorized disclosure or access. In addition, our employees and we are obliged to maintain data secrecy and confidentiality.
We would like to point out that in view of the risks involved on the Internet, we cannot guarantee complete security for the confidentiality of your data collected online and any unlawful access by third parties.
8. What are your rights?
According to Art 12 et seq General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) you have the right to access, rectification, erasure, restriction of processing and data portability as well as the right of revocation.
You may object to the further processing of your personal data collected and processed based on your consent at any time for any reason.
If you have any questions, you can contact our data protection officer at email@example.com at any time.
You can also lodge a complaint with the Austrian data protection authority (Barichgasse 40-42, 1030 Vienna or online at www.dsb.gv.at).
9. Questions and further information
For questions and further information about data processing via our website, please use the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.